This is going to be short and sweet. But I'm beginning to think that something smells fishy with this whole "every Toyota has a glitch" thing that's going on right now.
There are a couple things that come to mind. One, folks are hearing of the rare problems with unwanted accelleration, and are recreating those problems for attention and possible profit. Two, it's an intentional attack on Toyota by folks who have other interests at heart (possibly even installing computer bugs or viruses in various and sundry models). Or three, Toyota is in the midst of a massive cover-up, and this problem is much larger than they have admitted to date.
Now, just in case you might think that I have a bone to pick with any of the car manufacturers, I do not. Our family owns 3 toyotas (none of which go faster than we desire), two fords and one chevy. So while we don't own one of everything, the nameplates are represented widely.
And in the spirit of full disclosure, I probably should mention that since getting my drivers license at age 16, I have owned, titled and licensed 187 cars. And counting. Just about every make and model that you can imagine. I know, it sounds completely nuts. But there's a story that goes along with that, too. Check with the sons and the wife. It's true :-)
So....what do you think about the current rash of acceleration problems. Conspiracy, or coincidence? I'm leaning towards conspiracy. There's just too much smoke for there not to be a fire.
Friday, March 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment